E book Sales

FREE ADVERTISING

drive traffic to your site using hits2u.com

Grass Root Guide

Monday, February 1, 2010

Lessons In Life

Just Another Thought...


                Life is the teacher and we are the students.  As in any class there are some students paying close attention, hearing every word and studying nearly every action. If this class were being taught by academics, you might have the opportunity to repeat the lesson, however this is not academia, this is real life.  The class room is the world around us.  Our fellow students are all of mankind.  You may be wondering, who are the teachers?

The Staff.
                This staff of instructors is quiet diverse. They are Time, Choices and Consequences.  You may not like this roster of instructors and are in hopes of cutting this class.  Well, you can't cut this class and live.  It's quite simple, if you are alive you will have to deal with these instructors, and they seldom offer retakes.

Let's start with Time. 
Where does it come from?  How much of it do I have, and where does it go?  These are very good questions, and I have no idea what the answer is.  However you and I have it; time that is.  Time does not answer to us or care if we do not have enough of it.  It marches on at its own pace and to its own beat.
    That is not to say there is not an awareness of it.  We are aware of its passing; it ignores us.  Its passing is referred to as history, yet we may not remember the lessons that were being taught and find ourselves having to be taught again.
          
                I have found myself having to relearn the lessons taught me, by time and not in a gentle manner.  Often, this was the result of incorrect decisions I made. This brings us to Choices.

Choices.
                Choice is not as popular and ever present as Time.  It makes its presents known many times a day, hour, minute and in some instances, every second.  Choices can be major or minor, and anything in between.  Choices say for instance; do I eat now or later?  Do I even want to eat?  Have I eaten too much already?
 
                As you can see, choice makes its appearance on a regular basis.  Have I made good choices?  Yes, we all have.  We have all made bad choices as well.  Did we learn as much from our bad choices, as we enjoyed our good choices?  Will I continue to make choices?  Yes, as will every person on this planet. Like everyone else, I will have to face the Consequences.

What are Consequences? 
 They are the results of choices made in the past, however recent that may have been. The choices made can be good choices, or they can be bad.  A consequence; is having to change my tire in the rain because, I was too lazy to check the air pressure, even though I knew the car handled poorly.  As a result my car had a tire blowout.  A bad choice made on my part.

                As a result, we may be able to graduate this life a rewarded scholar if, from our choices and consequences, we have learned.    

No comments: